I often go through photos and/or my journals until something pops out at me to write about. Today, as I was going through an old training journal, I read a couple of sentences I wrote on the inside cardboard page. It makes this post short…it is a warning…or more of a heads up I guess…anyway, I’d like to share it with you. When I wrote these words, I was going through a few business things and dealing with certain people in my life as I was in prep for a bodybuilding contest. I’m sure you’ll be able to relate if you stop and think about your own life….
Some people are so used to getting knocked down, they don’t even want to get back up. This becomes a problem when they lose interest in getting up and their focus becomes to pull others down…to trip people…makes them feel better…STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE ANTHONY…TRIPPERS…it’s who they are…what they do…Decide right now who and what is worthwhile…YOU know what you’re supposed to do…NOW DO IT!
You know some Trippers right? A person who is constantly negative…about everything. A person who smiles at other people’s pain and frowns at other people’s happiness. A person who has every answer for why you, someone, or something will fail…but solutions for NOTHING. It’s that person who grabs your ankle when you’re on the fifth step…pulling you back to the first…all while making YOU believe you should have never even stood up to climb in the first place. It’s the person who uses an eyedropper every minute…every hour…every day to extinguish the fire of greatness burning within you…drop…”you can’t”…drop…”no one has done that”….drop…”people will laugh”…drop…”that’s dumb…ridiculous…impossible”…drop, drop, drop. Before you know it…you find yourself with a hose helping them extinguish your very own dream. I’m telling you…I’ve been there. We all have them in our lives – Trippers…Let me tell you why it works and why they are so dangerous : It’s because…they are the people that surround us in life…friends, our children, brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, other family, coworkers, bosses, “experts”, politicians, and the media. Most of the time we love these Trippers…which makes them so much more effective. So what do we do about it? First, let me say, hopefully you aren’t a Tripper. If you read this and think you are…Change! Come to grips with WHY you are a Tripper…get over it…and STOP! If you do have a Tripper(s) in your life(be honest with yourself), here are a few tips for you:
“It ain’t what they call you, it’s what you answer to.” – W.C. Fields
1. BE AWARE…You have to realize what is going on. Be aware of who is pulling you down. Be aware of all areas in your life producing negativity.
2. FIGURE IT OUT…Is the tripping coming from a place of: unhappiness….ignorance…hatred…laziness…jealousy…feeling trapped in their own life?
3. REALIZE…It’s not your problem. You thinking it is….enables the Tripper…Trust me
4. SEPARATE…You must choose to shed this Tripper…whether or not it’s forever is up to them right? You have one life…live it fully…Choose to surround yourself with those who ADD TO…not subtract from… your life.
5. HAVE COURAGE…Have the courage to do…to try…the things in your heart. Listen to yourself. Define yourself. It is said your life can be as small…or as large as you want it to be…which one it will be is directly proportional to….your COURAGE.
6. DO IT…As I wrote to myself…You know what you’re supposed to do…NOW DO IT!!! 🙂
“A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her.” – David Brinkley